Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search function for songs on iPad?

Where is search place for songs on iTunes on iPad with iOS 7?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 8GB SDRAM; 750GB HD

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 4:16 PM

12 replies

Oct 11, 2013 5:54 PM in response to pwwwayne

The search field is in the upper right corner of the iTunes app. That's where it has always been. That's in iTunes and that's what you are asking about. But if you mean in the Music app...that's a totally different app ...then swipe down/pull down on the screen and that will bring up the search field.

Oct 14, 2013 10:43 AM in response to pwwwayne

I posted too soon!

I have NOT solved this yet!

When I pull the screen down from top to bottom, I get my Calendar and nothing searchable.

Yes, I was confused: I am having problem with the MUSIC app and not the iTunes app. When I swipe down/pull down on the music screen, it does not bring up a search function but simply several inches of blank screen.

When I tried to get Spotlight Search and do a one-finger drag from the middle of the screen, I don't get a search function but again simply several inches of blank screen which quickly disappears when I remove my touch.

So thank you for your attempts to help me but I am still stuck with no Song Search in Music app on iPad with iOS 7.

Oct 14, 2013 11:12 AM in response to pwwwayne

PS: When I swipe UP from the bottom of screen, I get the Control Center but I see nothing searchable in it.

PPS: OK, when I drag down from the "dock" of Safari/Mail/Photos/Music I do get the searchable function including the songs.

I downloaded the "Complete Guide to iOS7 for iPad & iPhone" in IBooks. I guess this has solved my issue.

Oct 14, 2013 11:51 AM in response to pwwwayne

Allow me to illustrate. In all these, you can click on the pic to zoom.

This is my Home screen:

User uploaded file

If I swipe DOWN with ONE finger starting from beyond the TOP edge of the screen (say, over the camera), I drag open the Notification Center:

User uploaded file

Swipe up on the little arrow at bottom or tap Home button to close. If I swipe DOWN with ONE finger starting from below the edge (say, 2/3 to half screen down), I drag open the Spotlight Search screen, with keyboard to go:

User uploaded file

Swipe up or tap Home to close if needed. If I swipe UP with ONE finger starting from beyond the BOTTOM edge of the screen (say, just above the Home button), I drag open the Control Center:

User uploaded file

Hope this clarifies what goes where. Now go, open Spotlight and find your songs.

May 27, 2015 3:03 PM in response to Courcoul

When I try to use my iPad's spotlight, the song I'm looking for often isn't on the first page of matches - especially if I only remember one word in the song title. Spotlight looks everywhere for the match. On my Mac, I can change Spotlight some to make it work more like it used to, but I don't see this option on my iPad.

I used to be able to search within the Music app, but can't find out how to do that anymore.

I'm using IOS 8.3.

How do I search for a song or a performer or other partially remembered criterion on my iPad?

Search function for songs on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.