Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to delete uploaded tracks from iTunes Match

Hello,

A few months ago my hard drive containing my iTunes library failed. I managed to recover most of the tracks, but there were 10,000 files which could only be partially recovered.

iTunes Match uploaded these partial files, and I can't get rid of them.

I have attempted to delete the files from my iTunes Match collection following these instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4915

I have also created a new, empty, iTunes library, and activated iTunes Match just so I can delete all the tracks stored and start fresh.

However, when I delete files from the iTunes Match, the next time I updated iTunes Match the files reappear.

This problem is specifically about tracks that have been uploaded to iTunes Match: not tracks I have purchased from the iTunes Store.

iTunes Match is not enabled on my iPhone or iPad.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can wipe my iTunes Match collection?

Would cancelling my iTunes Match subscription and then re-starting it do this?

Thanks.

- Richard

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 4:29 PM

6 replies

Oct 11, 2013 11:14 PM in response to rcosgrove

Hi,

I would have thought that creating a second library and deleted tracks from the cloud would have worked. I suggest that you try again - delete tracks in cloud from second library, then close iTunes.

Reopen your original library, turn on match. Add iCloud status column to song view. The music in this library should still be on your hard drive and the iCloud status will be "Removed" for those tracks.

Jim

Unable to delete uploaded tracks from iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.