Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing raw images

Hi - i am trying to import and open raw images from an sd card pictures were taken on a fuji finepix sl1000 camera.

I have installed all the latest os software on my macbook pro, updated iphoto even purchased aperture. The files have imported in aperture but wont open. The files wont import in iphoto.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5), raw photo file import

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 7:49 PM

5 replies

Oct 12, 2013 2:00 AM in response to chriss1964

As Frank Caggiano said, your camera is not (yet) supported by iPhoto or Aperture. A later Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update may include support for the camera. For the time being you could try several work-arounds.

• Use the raw developement software that came with your camera to convert the image files to a lossless format like tiff or PSD. The camera specific raw developement usually will give very good results, since the manufacturer knows the camera best.
  • Or try, if Adobe's free DNG Converter can convert the raw files to a DNG version, that Aperture can recognize. Aüerture should recognize DNG files generated by the Adobe DNG Converter with the “Convert to Linear Image” option turned off. This way, your original files will remain raw files.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

Another option - shoot raw+jpeg pairs for the time being, if your camera supports it, and work with the jpeg as original files, while you are waiting. In Aperture you can import the raw files later and switch to the raw as master files.

Regards

Léonie

importing raw images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.