Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't find spotify on computer app store

Hi,

I've got spotify on my iphone, but can't seem to download it onto my Macbook.... I've got a Premium subscription, but can't seem to get the app on the desktop in order to take advantage of the 'music everywhere' feature....

Thanks for any help - I'm pretty new to the music streaming thang!

cheers

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 8:42 PM

Spotify for OS X is not available in the Mac App Store. Instead, you can download it from the Spotify site > https://www.spotify.com

11 replies

Jul 28, 2015 10:34 AM in response to David Milgrim

Profit is how our portion of the world functions. Its called capitalism. Someone makes a product or offers a service which I want and I pay them for it.

If you don't like Apple products or the way that Apple does business, then by all means move on. And if Microsoft is your cup of tea because you believe that they are somehow more magnanimous in their business plan, feel free to choose them.

But we can do without your pompous announcement of your personal feelings and decision. Your behavior here makes me uncomfortable and unwelcome with my different feelings about Apple's products and services.

And you are violating the Terms of Use which you agreed to follow when you created an account to use the Apple Support Communities. You agreed not to criticize Apple's product and/or business decisions.

And did you stop to think that it might be Spotify that made a business decision not to offer their product through Apple? That way they keep all of the profit, rather than splitting it with Apple, who gets a % of all sales through the App Stores, including in-app sales.

Jul 28, 2015 10:49 AM in response to David Milgrim

Venders don't have a choice when it comes to iOS devices, because it's a closed ecosystem. If you want your product on folk's iPads, iPods and iPhones, you must go through the iTunes App Stores. And you share the profit with Apple, whether it's the cost of the content or the cost of in-app sales. But if you want your product on the Mac, which is not a closed ecosystem, and you don't wish to share the profit with Apple, you can distribute your product yourself and not use the Mac App Store.

I'm not big on music services, Apple's or anyone else's, so I don't have direct knowledge that is or isn't the case with Spotify. You've also resurrected a two years dead thread to make your complaint. And it was a pompous declaration.

can't find spotify on computer app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.