Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are Garage Band mixes omitting tracks when I share?

I shared some songs in different formats (aif, arc or mp3) to write a CD from iTunes. On three of the songs, only 1 or 2 tracks mixed down even though the whole mix monitored fine in GB. I have a new 27" iMac with system 10.8.5 and Garage Band 6.0.5 and imported/edited/added tracks to songs started on a MacPro with GB version 4.1.2.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Garage Band 6.0.5, iTunes 11.1.1

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 3:31 PM

I can't explain the problem, but I've had it happen, too, for no obvious reason. What has happened to me is that Garageband will share fine when exported to disk, ie, all tracks will play in, say, iTunes from the file on the hard disk, but if I try to burn the mix directly from Garageband, via the share button, a random track may be missing from the CD, even though it plays normally in Garageband.

What I've found is that duplicating the missing track, and copying and pasting the audio from the file in it to the new, (duplicated), track, then deleting the old track, tends to work.

Hope you can sort it out. Garageband can be a little glitchy, sometimes.. 🙂

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2013 3:31 PM in response to swedemey

I can't explain the problem, but I've had it happen, too, for no obvious reason. What has happened to me is that Garageband will share fine when exported to disk, ie, all tracks will play in, say, iTunes from the file on the hard disk, but if I try to burn the mix directly from Garageband, via the share button, a random track may be missing from the CD, even though it plays normally in Garageband.

What I've found is that duplicating the missing track, and copying and pasting the audio from the file in it to the new, (duplicated), track, then deleting the old track, tends to work.

Hope you can sort it out. Garageband can be a little glitchy, sometimes.. 🙂

Oct 20, 2013 9:20 PM in response to ontradio

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to get aif files that were complete!

I found that my old GB version files imported into the new GB version with some of the tracks (MIDI) locked. Took me awhile to figure it out, because the new version track lock has to be activated through a menu. Once I unlocked all the tracks, it exported like a champ.

Why are Garage Band mixes omitting tracks when I share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.