Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders not working!!!

After updating to the latest iOS 7.0.2 to my iPhone 4S.

Reminders is not working, can't add new lists etc.

Anyone solved this issue, may you help?

Thank you.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 1:51 AM

This has happened to me recently I advise turning it off then turning it on disconnecting from wi-fi and reconnect. This worked for me it's extremely annoying hope it works for you (:

13 replies

Oct 30, 2013 4:04 AM in response to Fugu_88

I read just about everything on the apple support forums to try and get my reminders (which I knew I had a lot) to reappear. Nothing worked, so I figured it out myself. Try this;

(1) open reminders from home screen

(2) NEW LIST & REMINDERS will be there(& most likely no new reminders there).

(3) click the ADD reminder list and use yahoo or gmail or iCloud as a reminder name.

(4) after adding one or two more new reminder names, the pull down list of ALL reminder lists will suddenly appear.

(5) scroll down your list and find the one with your name.

(6) click on that one and there are all your reminders!

Let me know if this works to get back your important reminders.

Thanks, hope this helped you.

Nov 4, 2013 7:06 PM in response to Fugu_88

I have a very frustrating problem with reminders. It started after updating to ios7 on my iphone 4s. I can't create or use reminders because I don't have a default list. So all suggestions I have read about clicking the plus etc. are of no help to me because the plus is grey and cannot be clicked on. I have done all the turning on and off in icloud, numerous re boots, reset to original settings, delete all accounts. I am sure there is nothing I have not tried. If I go to Settings>Reminders>Default List I get a blank screen. I know this is the source of the problem, but cannot fix it.

I also have the same problem with my Calendar. After all of the above I just do not have any calendars showing. I touch Calendars down the bottom and just get an empty screen. My settings show I have calendars turned on and my emails are working. Very frustrating.

Dec 5, 2013 5:53 PM in response to Andrew1142

+1 on this exact problem with Reminders. ios7 killed it on my iPhone 4, and the problem migrated over to my iPhone 5s! I can't create new reminders, nothing. I have done the usual stuff, suspect there is a corrupt data file involved.

I am not having a problem with Calendar. Other than having to set the minutes with that stupid wheel o numbers is the worst idea ever.

Doug

Dec 5, 2013 7:50 PM in response to dougc

Found a solution, and it was an easy fix.

Go to settings>iCloud, turn on Sync for Reminders, then open Reminders. Everything was back and working. I turned the sync off again, said I wanted the synced items in the iPhone, and it works like it's supposed to.

I don't use location services, so I can't tell you it that improved, but it did fix the not working at all problem.

Doug

Dec 27, 2013 9:55 AM in response to dougc

I got same problem as everyone. Ever since upgrading to iOS 7 on iPhone 4 (which I sincerely regret for many reasons) now unable to sync Reminders between iPhone and Mac Air. Tried everything listed above. It's becoming a love/hate relationship with Apple. Time to look elsewhere for a solution since Apple has a track record of breaking things that work.

Mike

Apr 8, 2014 5:19 AM in response to Andrew1142

In my case there was ultimately an easy solution. After things going from bad to worse I went back to the Apple store who agreed my problem was not able to be fixed short of a full factory settings reboot which they did for me of course free of charge. It takes the phone back to exactly as it was when purchased. It worked perfectly, every problem I had was instantly fixed. The trick is to not restore from backup. I did this and all the problems came back. You need to totally starts again as if it is a new phone.

Reminders not working!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.