Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Owc ssd not recognised on Macbook Air 13" late 2011?

Hi,

My OWC ssd bought March this year was suddenly not recognised anymore😠. When I tried to restarted MBA, on screen a question mark showed.

I tried to do an Internet Recovery, after initial downloading, no disk could be detected.

Wonder if the OWC ssd has gone bad? Any ways to do a recovery?

BTW, the OWC ssd is covered with a 3 year warranty, anyone could share your experiences with OWC? Can I get a replacement from OWC?

Thanks for your help and comments

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 11:52 PM

11 replies

Oct 12, 2013 12:03 AM in response to David-SG44

You probably need a firmware update or an additional driver from OWC.

A flashing question mark appears when you start your Mac

"If you see a flashing question mark when you start your Mac, it's probably because it can't find the system software it needs to start up. Usually, all you have to do to get your Mac back up and running is remind it where its software is."

Oct 16, 2013 1:24 AM in response to David-SG44

Hi David,

Unfortunately, after firmware update, 480GB still won't boot. Only able to boot to the Recovery partition.Disk Utility can read the Recovery Partition (only 1 partition) 480GB. No other partition found. There should be a Macintosh HD partition. It's gone since before Firmware update.

This may not be similar to yours. I believe OWC has crappy products :

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1459847

Now, I really need to retrieve the data from my OWC SSD. I'm out of idea. I tried Remo Recover, the scanning just hanged for hours. Can't retrieve or read anything from the OWC SSD.

I'll contact OWC for warranty. But really ****** with data losses and unreliable product from OWC

Owc ssd not recognised on Macbook Air 13" late 2011?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.