Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification center doesn't recognize change of time zones

This problem affects all apple mobile devices operating IOS7 :

I travelled to a different time zone, 9 hours ahead of my home time zone. When opening the notification center in the new time zone, it was showing me the events for my home time zone, 9 hours earlier. And there is no way to scroll those events ahead or back in Notification Center.

While the clock in the device was automatically set to the new time. Zone, seems it doesn't update the calendar clock. The calendar is stuck in the home time zone. I tried manually changing the time zone, it didn't help.

The problem also affects iCal while traveling in a different time zone, new events are entered in the home time zone, and without the ability of setting up floating events on mobile devices, paper calendar was more reliable.

Apple, fixes ?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 5:06 AM

Did you turn off your time zone support? Go to settings>mail,contacts, calendars and under calendars click time zone support and disable it.

Hope this helps.

2 replies

Notification center doesn't recognize change of time zones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.