Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 27" iMac faulty GPU, refusal of support

I have read about Apple's recent GPU replacement program, involving certain 2011 27" iMac batches. I first read about it on 9to5mac after it happened to me as well; while I was working on my computer last week, it broke down with the exact same symptoms. With this article in mind, I made a Genius Bar appointment with the local Apple Store (I live in Amsterdam). I just came back with a bad headache and with the same bad card stuck in my system. According to the "genius" employee I would have to wait for 2 weeks for repairs (not possible for me as I'm working towards a deadline) because said GPUs weren't in stock, and he also refused to make the replacement for free. He said my iMac is not eligible for that, and when I told him my serial number indeed ends in one of the afflicted configurations, quoting the 9to5mac article as proof, he immediately discredited it as an unreliable source. What's more, he couldn't do it for free because my 1 year warranty is over -well, duh, we're talking about the ***2011*** iMac and the replacement program has just been issued in 2013. He basically gave me the cold shoulder and sent me home packing with his foul attitude. Is there anything else I can do now? I'm frustrated and in a hurry. All in all, it's a VERY bad day to be an Apple customer. 😠

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 8:43 AM

2 replies

2011 27" iMac faulty GPU, refusal of support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.