Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Problems

I have been reading up in these communities about other people who have been having problems with iOS 7 since installing it. I too am in the club.

1. iMessage doesn't always work - i can't always send or receive iMessages....and even with the option marked in Settings to Send as Text Message when iMessage is unavailable - it still doesn't even revert to that to send it - it just lingers.

2. Every time i make a phone call - while the phone is ringing, as soon as i put it up to my ear, i can hear it making those 3 beeps that it makes when you have a dropped call - so every time i hear that, i look at my phone, and it is still dialing. However, the keypad is not there, it shows the menu at the top that allows me to tap on it to bring the phone back up again. So if i am just making this call, how is it not still within the Phone app to show me the number, keypad, etc when i pull it from my ear?

3. Automatic Downloads don't work for me on Cellular. It works on Wi-Fi - but the settings don't specify that it doesn't work on Cellular, it actually gives you an on/off switch to Use Cellular Data. (It's On).

To fix (or at least work around Problem #1 - i have turned OFF iMessage, Reset Network Settings (phone restarts), and then turned iMessage back ON again, and it seemed to fix that for now. It however did not fix #2 or #3 for me. Any workarounds?

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 10:40 AM

4 replies

iOS 7 Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.