Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD stuck on one minute left

i've been trying to burn a dvd playable on a dvd machine for weeks now. it's roughly 4gb and .mov file. it took 20+hrs to burn the movie on it, but its stuck on multiplexing and burning saying "done" and "about one minute left" for over 16hrs now. I have plenty of free space on my macbook pro (roughly 60gb), cleaned the disk drive thing only a few days ago. there are no symbols in my title and no DRM that are on it. I dont understand why it would be stuck here. any help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 11:15 AM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2013 11:39 AM in response to schmjul

There's somethine definitely amiss here. Abort the burn process and follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

iDVD stuck on one minute left

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.