Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't open a program downloaded from the internet

I just upgraded to OSX 10.8.5. I need to use a web based program fro my job. Safari will not let me open the program once I have down loaded it. It says:

"launchGradeBook-2.jnlp" can't be opened because it is from an unidentifed developer

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identifed developers

Safari downloaded this file today at 3:04 PM from powerschoo.lawrence.ma.us.

I have tried to change settings in safari and in prefrences but nothing is working. The only thing that has changed on my computer is that I upgraded to OSX 10.8.5.

Please help!

Thanks

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 12:21 PM

Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy then select the General tab. Select: Anywhere

If that area is grayed out, click the padlock icon to make changes. You may be prompted for your admin password before proceeding.

Then try opening the files.

If that worked, make sure to go back and reselect: Mac App Store and identified developers

That helps to prevent malware on your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2013 12:21 PM in response to kimberlysenko

Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy then select the General tab. Select: Anywhere

If that area is grayed out, click the padlock icon to make changes. You may be prompted for your admin password before proceeding.

Then try opening the files.

If that worked, make sure to go back and reselect: Mac App Store and identified developers

That helps to prevent malware on your Mac.

Safari won't open a program downloaded from the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.