Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 problem with iBooks Author Animation/Video widget

I am using the built-in Video Widget to run animations for my children's book. Prior to iOS7 all worked normally. Now, once the Video/Animation Widget is expanded from the 'thumbnail' on the page, the video/animation immediately goes into portrait mode. Then, bizarrely, when Video/Animation Widget is "pinched" to make smaller again, the entire book is UPSIDE DOWN!

FYI, Portrait Mode is disabled on this book.

Thanks for any advice...

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 500GB HD; 8GB RAM; iPad2 64GB

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 12:32 PM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2013 12:40 PM in response to BasilBaker

There is no 'video' nor 'video/animation' widget that iBA provides, just 'Media' or 'Interactive Image' widgets that may apply in your example.

Is yours a 3rd party widget of some sort? Maybe HYPE?

Which version iBook Author and which version iBooks on iOS...?

Can you screenshot the issue and present here? Not via a Preview, thanks...be sure to export as .ibooks, then sync to your iPad, and test there.

Oct 12, 2013 1:50 PM in response to BasilBaker

Hi KT... thanks, as always, for your attention. First, I want to say how grateful I am to you and your fellow 'digital gurus'...I don't have very many issues, but you've always been tremendously supportive. Again, thank you.

Ok, to clarify, I am using the Media Widget into which I insert the properly formatted and converted .m4v files. Animations run perfectly, even with this current iOS7 orientation anamoly.

I am now calling it an anamoly because, with further testing, I find a curious occurrence. If I set my side-switch to 'rotation-lock' the original problem described in my initial post disappears. Furthermore, if I use the switch to go back to 'rotation-unlock' the problem DOES NOT reappear. I have even closed down the iBooks program, re-opened it, and the original problem DOES NOT come back. Very curious. This is a strange software 'artifact' and I am wondering if it is occurring for anyone else.

FYI, my test-bed includes two iPads: an iPad4 running iOS7 and an iPad2 running iOS6.

I am using iBooks v3.1.3 (1929) and iBooks Author 2.0 (327)

iOS7 problem with iBooks Author Animation/Video widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.