Skip navigation

Wifi trouble with new iMac

167 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 12, 2013 4:08 PM by Linc Davis RSS
alice_srq Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 12, 2013 2:15 PM

I recently got a new iMac (27") and I am having an ongoing problem with wifi connection. It should be noted that other Apple devices -- iPad, iPhone, MacPro laptop, and Apple TV -- do not seem to have any trouble.  Nor did my old Mac Pro.  But the iMac connection keeps dropping. I have researched this issue in the Apple Support Forum and followed much of the advice, e.g. establishing a new connection identity, adjusting the DNS.  While these solutions seemed to work for a while it wasn't long before the problem returned. I have rebooted both the computer and the modem numerous times  (it is a DSL connection, BTW).  Those actions also seem to help for a while but sometimes they don't help at all.

Since I transferred data from my old Mac Pro I have wondered if I have a preference or permissions issue. I know how to delete preferences when software acts up and that has sometimes been very helpful. But I don't know how to accomplish a similiar fix with the wifi.

Software is up-to-date and I have not encountered any other problems with the iMac.

Thanks.

Alice

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.