Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi trouble with new iMac

I recently got a new iMac (27") and I am having an ongoing problem with wifi connection. It should be noted that other Apple devices -- iPad, iPhone, MacPro laptop, and Apple TV -- do not seem to have any trouble. Nor did my old Mac Pro. But the iMac connection keeps dropping. I have researched this issue in the Apple Support Forum and followed much of the advice, e.g. establishing a new connection identity, adjusting the DNS. While these solutions seemed to work for a while it wasn't long before the problem returned. I have rebooted both the computer and the modem numerous times (it is a DSL connection, BTW). Those actions also seem to help for a while but sometimes they don't help at all.

Since I transferred data from my old Mac Pro I have wondered if I have a preference or permissions issue. I know how to delete preferences when software acts up and that has sometimes been very helpful. But I don't know how to accomplish a similiar fix with the wifi.

Software is up-to-date and I have not encountered any other problems with the iMac.

Thanks.

Alice

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 2:15 PM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2013 4:08 PM in response to alice_srq

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Wifi trouble with new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.