Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad is disabled

The screen was suddenly completely black and it only appeared the percentage of remaining battery.

I managed to switch it off and it appeared the message that iPad is disabled.

I performed a hard reset and I had same results.

There was no problem with blocking because of wrong passwords.

I think it is because of update of iOS which I did two days ago...bad decision it seems... :(

iPad, iOS 7, I'm not sure which iOS 7(2 days ago

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 2:50 PM

12 replies

Oct 13, 2013 4:58 AM in response to Apfelwurm

Hello,

It doesn't work! 😟

First of all, itunes tells me that my ipad is blocked and first I need to unblocked putting a password that there is no way I can do it as the ipad is disabled.

Secondly, the problem has not been introducing any wrong passwords as I explained in my first post.

Thirdly, I'm desperate and I have delete it from my find my iphone list...as I read that it could work but it didn't.

I expect you can provide with a solution asap. In my opinion it is a flaw from the updating to ios7 and it seems that is happening to a lot of people too from what I can read in this forum.

Tomorrow I will go to my nearest apple store and I hope it will be solved by then...however, I would wait for an answer today...as I expect a solution from Apple Inc.

Regards,

Maria

Oct 13, 2013 5:23 AM in response to Mariafrombcn

In your original post you mentioned a disabled iPad with its error message, but not due to a wrong passcode.

This is mutually exclusive, thus I assumed that your iPad was indeed disabled, which must mean that the iPad is blocked due to a wrong passcode having been used.

Therefore, if you see the message "iPad disabled" on your iPad's screen, then it is due to a wrong passcode and this procedure applies:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212

If this is not the case, try these steps:

1) Try a reset first: Press and hold both Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears.

2) If that didn't fix things, then Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

3) If this doesn't fix it, try a restore:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

4) If that doesn't work, try restoring the iPad via recovery mode:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Oct 13, 2013 5:31 AM in response to Apfelwurm

Hello Apfelwurm,

Thanks for your post but none of the options work.

There are two different kind of problems:

1. I don't have any option to type any password or to access to the ipad.

2. Secondly, it was never connected to itunes before and itunes pops up a message saying that I need to introduce a password that it is impossible for me to introduce it as I cannot type anything.

Any other more options?

Oct 13, 2013 5:38 AM in response to Mariafrombcn

Apfelwurm,

I can't remember how the ipad could be activated without connecting it to itunes.

At first, everything had to be done through the computer but since a while you can update ios and do other things with ipad or iphone without connecting them.

I have been using the ipad since last February but I had never needed to connect to itunes...I think as long as you have an apple id, it's fine.

Oct 13, 2013 5:56 AM in response to Apfelwurm

I DO remember my password and Itunes refuses my Ipad saying "Itunes cannot connect to Ipad because it's blocked and you need to introduce the password"...however, there is no possible way for me to type the password in ipad nor pc.

The message in the ipad's screen it is the following:

The screen is completely black and on the left corner it says ipad, on the right one it appears the symbol of bluetooth, the percentage of battery remaining and the symbol of the battery.

Then in the middle in the top part it says the time and the date and exactly in the middle of the screen it says Ipad is disabled.

I cannot operate with it at all. The only thing I can do with it is to switch it off and switch it on with or without doing a hard reset.

Something weird that happens is that when it is switched it off...the black screen and the apple that appears it changes the tones of the black from black to dark grey...apart from that...you always expect that this time will be ok but you get the same message that ipad is disabled.

Have you seen/heard anything like that before?

My ipad is a retina one...from what I can see from the forum I am not the only one that after doing very recently the update 24/48 hours we are losing contact with our ipads.

Any other doubts?

Thanks a lot apfelwurm!!

Have you got any other suggestions?

Ipad is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.