Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover Harddisk from accidental erase

Thanks in advance for any advice in my really bad situtation.

Macbook Pro OSX10.8, I had accicentally erase Mac HDD drive from disk utility in the setup page. (reboot and press option key)

At first, I just want to get rid of my bootcamp HDD (never use it for 4 months) and merge HDD to get more space in disk utility, then reinstall osx10.8

It was my fault while playing game on iphone and do setup osx. I accidentally erase Mac HDD instead of Bootcamp HDD. So I lost all of data.

How can I recover data? I'm searching some info. that mention about data rescue, It could help me get some data but those file name will be missing,.......

Is it possible to unformat? I left my Macbook untouch on disk utility page there, once I know my misserable fault.

It would be great for any advice that could bring me out of this situtation. In my HDD 250GB - MacHDD, approx.200 GB was pictures, autocad drawing file, sketchup model and MAYA model files.

I want to recover all data the way same as it before (at least, it should be arrange in the folder where it had been before, it would be very mess and confuse to rearrange all data)

Thanks

Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 2:47 PM

5 replies

Recover Harddisk from accidental erase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.