Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer my bookmarks from my iPad Mini to my macbook

I am planning on buying a new iPad Mini when it comes out. In the meantime how can I transfer my safari bookmarks from my iPad Mini to my macbook (bearing in mind I've got an old macbook 10.6.8 Snow Leopard), and then transfer them back to my new ipad mini when I eventually buy one?

macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.8), PC Desktop using Windows XP, service pack 2

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 3:21 PM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2013 3:55 PM in response to Katrina UK

Bookmarks cannot be, "transferred" from an iOS device to a Mac. Two different operating sysems. iOS vs Mac OS X.

An alternative is to sync bookmarks using iCloud > Apple - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

But you would have to upgrade your Mac from v10.6.8 to Lion v10.7.5 in order to enable iCloud.

Check Lion system requirements to see if your Mac can upgrade to v10.7.5 > System requirements for OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6

You can get 5GB of iCloud storage for free.

v10.7 Lion is not available from the App Store. Call 800-767-2775

OR, if your Mac can upgrade to Mountain Lion > System requirements for OS X Mountain Lion

You can upgrade directly from v10.6.8 to v10.8 Mountain Lion without purchasing Lion.

Mountain Lion is available for purchase at the App Store.

message edited by: cs

How can I transfer my bookmarks from my iPad Mini to my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.