Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unavailable photo error message

I have created a book of 91 pages in Aperture 3.

I wanted to print the book to see how it looks.

When I tell it to print I get and error dialog box stating the I have "Unavailable image(s) detected in Book". It further states that one or more of my images are not available at full resolution and please reconenct them by mounting the volume containing the originals. My choices are to cancel or show Referenced Files. By clicking show referenced files it tells me the selection has no referenced files.

All my images for the book are located within the Aperture library.

The Aperture library is located on an external Drobo drive.

I am using OCX 10.8.5 and Aperture 3.4.5.

How do I see which images(s) are causing the problem?

Thanks

Mark

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 12:19 AM

How is your Drobo connected, Mark? Is it a network storage? Or directly connected by USB?

If it is a NAS, I'd move the Aperture library to a directly connected drive with a filesystem compatible with Aperture, MacOS X EXtended (Journaled).

We have occasionally seen broken references to managed files in the Aperture Library.

These are difficult to find, since Aperture has filed them as "managed" and searching for "referenced" files will not turn them up.

Try to create a smart album and search with the rules

Any of the following that match

• File status: Offline or
  • File status: Missing

Does that turn up any images with a broken arrow badge or yellow warning triangle?

User uploaded file

If you cannot find problematic images this way, try to export the originals of the images used in the book. Missing images cannot be exported, so if you hit a broken images when trying to export, you will know you have found the culprit.

To try this systematically, select half of the set of images. If you can export them, you will know they are o.k. and the missing one is among the other half. Then export half of the other half, etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2013 12:19 AM in response to mark2542

How is your Drobo connected, Mark? Is it a network storage? Or directly connected by USB?

If it is a NAS, I'd move the Aperture library to a directly connected drive with a filesystem compatible with Aperture, MacOS X EXtended (Journaled).

We have occasionally seen broken references to managed files in the Aperture Library.

These are difficult to find, since Aperture has filed them as "managed" and searching for "referenced" files will not turn them up.

Try to create a smart album and search with the rules

Any of the following that match

• File status: Offline or
  • File status: Missing

Does that turn up any images with a broken arrow badge or yellow warning triangle?

User uploaded file

If you cannot find problematic images this way, try to export the originals of the images used in the book. Missing images cannot be exported, so if you hit a broken images when trying to export, you will know you have found the culprit.

To try this systematically, select half of the set of images. If you can export them, you will know they are o.k. and the missing one is among the other half. Then export half of the other half, etc.

Unavailable photo error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.