Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting multiple emails.

After loading OS7, all deleted emails returned.

I now have 7900 of them!

Is there a way to delete all emails without having to tick them

one- by-one?

Thanks. Terry

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 4:17 PM

10 replies

Nov 1, 2013 6:16 AM in response to electromatt

Have you upgraded to ios 7.0.3? Once you do that you can delete multiple emails. Once you download them hit the edit button. Then select an email. Hit the move button and keep your finger on the move button and deselect the email you initially selected. A new window will open. Hit the trash button and voila they are gone.

Nov 4, 2013 8:36 PM in response to StupidComputer

I don't get this problem. Once I move the multiple emails into Trash, they stay there and do not re appear in the Inbox. To delete them, I hit Edit then the Delete comes on at the bottom. Hit Delete and then a new box opens with the question delete all? Hit that and all the messages in the Trash folder are deleted. At least for me they don't reappear.

Jan 15, 2014 8:48 PM in response to TerryQ

Press edit in your email inbox. Then select the first email by making the circle red next to the first email or any one email in your email box. Then put one finger on the move button on the bottom of the screen that has now become active since you selected one email. Now with your finger still on the move button press the original email again that you had originally selected. When you deselect that one email with your finger still on the move button it will,pause for a second. And then it will bring up a move screen. It will ask you where you want to move the emails to. You can simply click on the trash folder and it moves them all to the trash. It will also show you how many emails you moved.

The question I have to all that read this and enjoy this feature that I have found is why does it work perfectly on my iPad while it ***** on my iphone. On my phone it moves them back while on my iPad they stay put. It is supposedly the same operating system. ?????

Any help you have for me would be great.

Finally mass email deleting is available. Now it just needs to be slightly fixed for the phone. It is perfect. On the iPad.

Jan 29, 2014 7:24 AM in response to pitwoman

you have to hold the move button while deselecting the first email then it will come up with the screen to let you move the emails to anohter folder.

I have messed with it more and it works perfectly on the ipad, I find no reason why it does not work on my phone the same way as on my Ipad. They are both running the same IOS 7.0.4. All the settings in the email settings are the same.

It will let me move the emails to trash on the phone but they don't stay put. Maybe they are waiting for Iphone 6 to give us this huge feature of being able to delete emails in a massive way?? LOL

If anyone can figure out to keep them put on the phone I would love to know why it is perfect on the Ipad and not so much on the Iphone.

Deleting multiple emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.