Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i move my i tune library too my externe drive now when i want listen a song i have to locate it everytime

i move my itune library to my external drive now when i want listen music i have to locate it every song

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 4:40 PM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2013 7:10 AM in response to rmsthi

rmsthi: 1) How did you move the library? 2) Is there a library in both locations, the original and the new one? There is a tried and true, and simple, way to do what you want to do, in fact I am doing that even as I write this. I also have a filled up internal drive and am moving and changing the library to an external disc. If your original library is stil intact this is a good method: 1. Quit iTunes 2. Copy (not Move so that you still have it in case the transfer gets messed up) the entire old library to the new location. 3. Holding down the Option key, start iTunes. You will get a dialog box asking if you want want to Quit, Create Library, or Choose Library. Click on Choose Library and pick out the new copied library on the external drive. Once you see this is successful and evertyhing is ok you can then delete the library from the internal drive. BG

i move my i tune library too my externe drive now when i want listen a song i have to locate it everytime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.