Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook White Enclosure screen goes black but...?

So I have a MacBook white enclosure and two days ago when I powered it on I just heard the sound it usually makes but I waited and waited and the screen was black. I thought my mac still wasn't on but I was surprised to see my iPhone started charging. Anyway I turned the brightness to the highest and then to the lowest (did that several times) but it's always like the center of the screen is lighted while the rest is black. After a the screen stayed on and I was using it normally all day long. Today when I powered on my laptop, the same thing happened (the screen was black) except there was no light in the center. I tried the same thing with the brightness but everytime I put it on the lowest then press one time on the highest it just lights for less than a second then goes back to black. I can see the screen when I put a light infront of it. I tried resetting the SMC but nothing worked. I wanted to clean the dust from the inside but I was too scared to do it on my own cuz I thought something might go wrong 😝 I tried the brightness several times again and now somehow the screen is working. What is wrong with the screen? and how can I fix it? (Btw I don't know if this helps or not but I'm supposed to change my battery cuz it says Replace Now, my battery is already dead a long time ago 😝) Please help 😟

Thank you very much,

Dana

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 12:57 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook White Enclosure screen goes black but...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.