Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not backing up automatically

It seems that since the new iOS, iCloud backup is not working properly. It used to back up my iPhone every night. I even got the new 5S and thought it would fix the issue, but it backed up the first night and then not the second. Yes, I have it charging, Wi-Fi on and locked. Yes, I have tried turning Off and On the iCloud backup.

Solutions? Fixes?

As a secondary questions, before the iOS update, did iCloud backup require being plugged and charging? I honestly do not recall, but I thought my iPad was backing up every night before the iOS and now it has not backed up in 5 days because I have not had to re-charge it, I assume.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 5:15 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2013 12:15 PM in response to kb4200

I never noticed if my iPad was not backing up regularly, but I am cool with the every 5 or 6 days to back that up since that is how often I have to charge.

However, it does not address the iPhone issue. No, I am certain that I have iCloud backup on and iTunes is not an issue. I called Apple and apparently the last backup I did with my 4S did not get over-written by the first backup for my 5S, so we shall see if deleting that 4S backup solves the problem.

iCloud not backing up automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.