Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail won't quit

I am trying to load the newest version of IOS 7 on my imac intel and when I try and update it says my mail is open and needs to "quit" before the computer can restart. I right click on mail icon and quit the app, it is greyed out on the top bar but when I try to update it again it gives me the same message. I am having trouble trying to setup my mail to send and receive using the mail icon. does someone have a solution. Maybe I am not doing something correctly.

Dodgeguymike

iMac, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 9:00 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2013 9:04 AM in response to Dodgeguymike

IOS does not run on a Mac, OS X runs on Macs. IOS and OS X are two totally separate operating systems so you seem to be confused. If you have an app that will not quit properly then use the Force Quit command which you can find by clicking the Apple symbol in the upper left of your screen and selecting Force Quit and then choose the offending app.

Mail won't quit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.