Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook trackpad cursor problem!

Hi

I got given an unwanted Macbook by my friend, it's the 2008 unibody version and the old trackpad wasn't working at all so I bought a new one from a repair store and installed it myself but for some reason the cursor doesn't move at all yet the click buttons are working fine. Everything seems to be installed properly and I don't know if this is a software issue or what. Don't know that much about macbooks, not had one previously so if anyone could please help! Having to use an usb mouse at the moment which is a real pain.

Thanks!

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 10:18 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2013 11:56 AM in response to dpylan

Well, the clicking mechanism isn't part of the tracking mechanism so that could be why it clicks and why it doesn't move...I'm not saying that it is for sure that reason, it just was a possibility. The cursor moved slightly?? Not sure, there isn't really any setting or anything that would cause it to stop working, so I was trying to rule out what could be the problem...Personally I would exchange it if they had more and try again...If another one does the same thing, then you can be sure...

Macbook trackpad cursor problem!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.