Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I duplicate sheets within a Numbers file on iCloud?

I need to create several sheets within a Numbers file within the iCloud iWork portal. I can create a new sheet by clicking the plus button but that just gives me an additional blank sheet. I've attempted to copy the sheets by pressing highlighting all data in the first sheet and copy and pasting it into the newly created blank sheet but the way the pasting transfers over is mumbled and disorganized. The font is even styled differently too. Is this possible yet?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Mid-Summer 2012

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 11:35 AM

Open a new Sheet, as you have reported on, and delete the default table. Back at the original sheet, Command-A to select all the objects in the sheet and Command-C to put them on the Clipboard. Switch to the new sheet and Command-V. You now have a duplicate.

Jerry

16 replies

Jan 11, 2015 2:58 PM in response to Matthew McNeil1

After creating a new sheet with a default table but before pasting the data, press Command-A and hit Delete. You now have a completely blank sheet. Now press Command-V to paste the new table.

Alternatively, after pasting the new table it will be at the front. Select (say) cell A1, and then click on the Table Select icon (nine dots at the top-left). At this point you have the new table selected. Then click on the Arrange tab and click on Back to send the new table behind the default table. Now reselect cell A1 and then the Table Select icon again. Now you have the default table selected and can press Delete.

Jul 29, 2015 11:39 AM in response to appleoncewasmine

Duplicate a spreadsheet

1. In the spreadsheet manager, select one or more spreadsheets.
    • On a Mac: Shift-click to select multiple adjacent spreadsheets, or Command-click to select multiple nonadjacent spreadsheets.

• On a Windows computer: Shift-click to select multiple adjacent spreadsheets, or Control-click to select multiple nonadjacent spreadsheets.
  2. Choose Duplicate Spreadsheet from the Settings pop-up menu User uploaded file in the toolbar. The word copy is appended to the duplicated spreadsheet’s name.

Source: Numbers for iCloud beta: Organize and rename spreadsheets

How do I duplicate sheets within a Numbers file on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.