Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unibody MacBook polycarbonate bezel chip

About a day ago, the polycarbonate bezel on the lid of my white 2009 MacBook began to peel and then this morning that small piece of the polycarbonate fell off of the lid leaving a chip on the bezel... Does anyone know if Apple would be willing to fix this with no charge to me (since it seemed to peel on its own) or would I have to pay for it to be fixed?

Thanks!

User uploaded file

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 11:40 AM

You would have to take it in to a Genius Bar and talk with them and have them let you know what it would cost you. I don't think they would, as this isn't something I've seen happen a lot on these, I know with the older models they had chipping that they would take care of, but it was something you had to take it in for something else, or really plead with them. I would say take it to them and talk to them and see what they say...If you make enough of a stink, they may take care of it for you, but I wouldn't count on it

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2013 11:40 AM in response to CBurke13

You would have to take it in to a Genius Bar and talk with them and have them let you know what it would cost you. I don't think they would, as this isn't something I've seen happen a lot on these, I know with the older models they had chipping that they would take care of, but it was something you had to take it in for something else, or really plead with them. I would say take it to them and talk to them and see what they say...If you make enough of a stink, they may take care of it for you, but I wouldn't count on it

unibody MacBook polycarbonate bezel chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.