Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weeks after the spill.

Hey guys!

If youve previously read my question, it was about what to do after I had spilled no more than 3 drops of water on my MBA 2011, which made a sizzle. I took it upon myself to figure it out on my own, and I did. Left it upside down for 4 days straight, every day jiggling it for possible water to drip out. Now, present day: everything is fine. Absolutely fine. What I am worried about is the future. Is it possible for those 3 drops to have started a corrosion in my keyboard or motherboard, now unnoticeable, but later, very noticeable? Do note, it was bottled water, philtered for impurities. So, what do you guys think? Any opinion is welcome! Thanks.

Victor

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 12:31 PM

9 replies

Oct 19, 2013 1:28 AM in response to Bart1977

He spilled water in it, there is nothing to clean out.

He had an electrical arc occur on an internal component(s),....nothing any cleaning can fix.

"cleaning" a logic board would only cause further damage, and no electronics tech. would do same. Thats a bit of "rubbing salt in the wound" where damage has already occurred.

There is only one liquid safe for 'wet cleaning' of electronics circuitry, and last I recall its something around $2000 a pint. 😊

Weeks after the spill.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.