Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicated contacts in iOS 7

Dear community,

I have recently acquired an iPhone 5C with iOS 7.0.2 (7.0 at first, but upgraded). My contacts and calendar are synced over all my devices (3 macs and 2 others idevices) through iCloud with no problem, but since I have this new iphone, new contact apps, and the new iOS, some of my contacts are duplicated (not all). The number of duplicates varies (up to 5 different versions of the same contact name). I have noticed that only the first instance of the contact (the right one) contains all the fields informed, the copies have only partial information such as mobile phone number or home address.

This only occurs with this iphone, not with the other iphones or with the macs. The contacts are not duplicated either on www.icloud.com, so the issue is very related to iOS 7, I think.

I use iCloud for syncing my contacts for a while and no anymore the iTunes syncing software.

If you have an idea to help, thanks !

Alan.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.2, Green with 32 Gb of memory

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 1:15 PM

6 replies

Nov 24, 2013 5:01 PM in response to braden85

This article doesn't help. It just tell you to contact support.

You have made a big mess in a lot of peoples contacts... so try to fix it.

I've got dublicated contacts in my i cloud contacts, and my mac contacts, but not in my iphone. I tried to stop the syncing and deleted all contacts in icloud and on my mac.

Then tried to sync with the iphone again.. and wupti.. the dublicated contacts were back!

Nov 25, 2013 12:47 AM in response to braden85

Thanks for the answer,

This didn't resolve my problem and I haven't had time to be called by the icloud support team. However, with the iOS 7.0.3 I have less duplicates than before and I found how to "merge" contacts together. This is good so I can eliminate the duplicates myself without deleting information.

I'm currently installing the 7.0.4 release, hoping it will fix the problem permanently, but things are getting better.

Regards,

Alan.

Dec 11, 2013 6:44 PM in response to Alan Jobert

Hi Alan,

I had a similar case where some icloud contacts were duplicated on just the iphone but no duplicates shown on icloud.com or contacts on the Mac.

I took a backup from the Mac contacts app just in case then from IOS settings for Mail-Contacts-Calendars disabled iCloud contacts deleting them from the phone, then re-enabled contacts for iCloud.

After it finished resyncing, the contacts on IOS correctly matched the state of iCloud with no duplicates.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Duplicated contacts in iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.