Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my keyboard stopped working while trying to update computer software?

After failing to attempt to update my iMac (currently 10.5.8) my USB keyboard stopped working. I inadvertently restarted my computer using the utilities folder on the new software update. It seems that this may have caused the issue and I'm at loss of how to fix the issue. I've already checked the universal access under system preferences.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 1:14 PM

8 replies

Oct 13, 2013 2:42 PM in response to leahmc

leahmc,

More info will assist anyone looking at this post in providing assistance.

You were trying to update 10.5.8 to What? Did the update install?

Also include the model ID of your machine (you can find this info by clicking on the Apple logo, About this Mac, More info, Model id show be the second line. Also try a USB keyboard in the interim

Oct 13, 2013 4:29 PM in response to leahmc

Try starting up the machine and pushing in the install disk while holding the C key, select your language, tehn on the next screen selcect Utilities/disk utilites and see if you can repair perrmission, and verify disk, if this is possible and disk permissions come up with any errors (they will in red font) click repair disk.

Oct 13, 2013 8:17 PM in response to leahmc

Thanks for the check, but just so you understand I do not really care so much about the points thing, it is the the helped/solved thing, if you have question in the future, ask it then always check the right pane "More Like This" and you may find a solution. Then you may have an immediate answer to your issue, that is what this is all about, users helping other users, probably a lot of folks will be saved time and anguish by your helping with this. 🙂

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, and everyone here hopes that we can be of assistance in the future, should you have need...be part of this.

SJP

my keyboard stopped working while trying to update computer software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.