Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep Mode and Pressing Restart shut down Early 2008 24" iMac

Love my older 24" iMac with 4GB RAM and Crucial SSD Drive, but over the last 6 months I've noticed that when the computer goes into sleep mode, it has actually shut down. Have to do the old unplug, replug, and press power button to start again. Short term fix is to never put hard drive or display to sleep. Only use screen saver, and that works, but uses more power. My own diagnosis has revealed the following. When I completely restore to factory setting and reinstall OS X 10.8.5, I can restart just fine. After adding ANY program: iTunes update to 11.1.1. or add email addresses to apple mail, ANYTHING, I lose the ability to restart. In addition, when I boot into safe mode and then click restart, I am also to successfully reboot, regardless of how many programs I have added after the factory install. Appreciate any suggestions that would help me get this old dinosaur's restart/sleep functions working again.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 24" 4GB RAM

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 3:15 PM

There are no replies.

Sleep Mode and Pressing Restart shut down Early 2008 24" iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.