Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get things out of the cloud?

suddenly, every tv show and song i have ever bought is showing up on my apple tv and my iphone. I guess they are stored in the cloud? i want to delete some of this media forever. how do i do that?

AppleTV 2, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 10:57 AM

"But is HIDING these items the same as DELETING them?"

No.

"Is my "cloud" filling up with all the purchases I've made over time?"

No. Purchase do not count toward your storage limit.

"Is there a limit to how many purchases I can make - a limit to how much will go into the cloud? "

No.

" Will a day come when I am buying songs and TV shows and I will find out that they are not stored in the cloud because my cloud is full?"

No. But there is no guarantee at all that any of your purchases will be available forever. They could be removed at any time, if Apple no longer sells the content. You should ALWAYS maintain a backup copy of your computer including all itunes content.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2013 10:57 AM in response to scottythep

"But is HIDING these items the same as DELETING them?"

No.

"Is my "cloud" filling up with all the purchases I've made over time?"

No. Purchase do not count toward your storage limit.

"Is there a limit to how many purchases I can make - a limit to how much will go into the cloud? "

No.

" Will a day come when I am buying songs and TV shows and I will find out that they are not stored in the cloud because my cloud is full?"

No. But there is no guarantee at all that any of your purchases will be available forever. They could be removed at any time, if Apple no longer sells the content. You should ALWAYS maintain a backup copy of your computer including all itunes content.

Oct 16, 2013 6:45 AM in response to scottythep

Hello scottythep

You can hide purchases that you have made in iTunes by going to the drop down menu Store > Sign In. Navigate to the iTunes Store and then click on Purchases. You will see all your purchased items and when you move your mouse of the item near the download or cloud icon you will see an X to remove the purchases.

iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

-Norm G.

Oct 16, 2013 10:45 AM in response to norm123

Great - that solves part of my question. But let me ask you just a little bit more.

Admittedly, I don't really understand the cloud.

But is HIDING these items the same as DELETING them?

Is my "cloud" filling up with all the purchases I've made over time? Is there a limit to how many purchases I can make - a limit to how much will go into the cloud? Will a day come when I am buying songs and TV shows and I will find out that they are not stored in the cloud because my cloud is full?

This is why i want to delete items (tv shows purchased years ago) from my cloud. I don't want it to fill up.

Thank you for your continued interest and attention

Scott

Oct 16, 2013 11:40 AM in response to roaminggnome

That's great. Thank you. I feel I am understanding a little bit more about my "cloud."

So - my purchases will not fill up said cloud.

But, presumably, a day will come when I am ashamed and or ambivalent about all the episodes of REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS staring back at me from my Apple TV.

It seems I can hide them, but I can't delete them. Not really.

So, this posse of botoxed ladies in high heeled sandals skittering around ritzy locales (nary a "cloud" in their skies) are with me forever. Like a virus. Or a pack of anciet Greek Harpies. Even if I can't see them on my playlist, even if they are invisible ghosts, I still know they are there. They exist always.

I mean, even if I were able to delete the episodes from my Apple products (which I love BTW) there is always the chance that I could RUN INTO one of the actual flesh (questionable) and blood "ladies" in REAL LIFE - on the streets of Los Angeles.

How would that affect my cloud storage?

If I bump into Taylor Armstrong and ask her about experiences on the show - am I risking anything intangible or invisible? Does Taylor keep old episodes on her Apple TV, in her cloud? Now that the show has driven her husband to suicide and then publically aired his "execution" (and let's be honest, that's exactly what season 2 was) has Taylor thought about expunging the record of her exploitation from her own cloud? Is the deal she made with Bravo more binding than the User Agreement she (we) never even scrolled through before joining iTunes? Are the mistakes she/we made going to follow us around for the rest of our lives? And continue on into the millenia as our children, Taylor's daughter Kennedy, someday gain access to our purchase lists and see exactly what we've done?

I bought these shows, I watched these episodes. I can hide them, but they'll always be there - for me (against me).

Something good can come from this, right?

It's all going to be OK?

how do i get things out of the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.