Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I select only certain songs from itunes library to upload to my iphone?

Trying to free up some memory and my whole itunes library is loaded on my phone. Is there a way to select only certain songs to sync with my phone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 5:35 PM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2013 5:40 PM in response to Mocha23

You could create a playlist with the songs you want and sync just that playlist. Or, you can just put checkmarks by the songs you want to sync and then select the sync checked music only in iTunes. Last choice is to manually manage music. That will erase the entire library from the phone and then you can drag over just the music you want.

Oct 13, 2013 6:05 PM in response to Mocha23

When your iphone is connected to iTunes, go to the phone section, go to options and then select "Sync only checked songs and videos". Then go to yotur iTunes music library, and check only the songs you want. If you are viewing the library in the "songs" option the check boxes are next to the songs. If you are viewing from the "album" view, you have to right-click each song and select check.

Dec 1, 2015 4:34 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi. I already knew to do this before I saw this page, so I tried sycing the 1 song I wanted to my iPhone 4 from iTunes. This usually works, but I don't select the songs, because it syncs all the songs I have on my user, which are the ones I want. But I have gone onto another computer user, but I only want to sync one of the songs, and I selected it, ticked the box for sync selected songs and videos only, pressed sync, and it has fully synced, but when I go onto music on my iPhone 4, the song or artist isn't there. Do you know what I can do?

Thanks.

How do I select only certain songs from itunes library to upload to my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.