Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rented a movie and it won't be downloaded. How to solve?

Last night I wanted to watch a movie and rented a movie through Apple TV. It did not download and following the instructions (go to settings and check available downloads did not help) It only has the option check rentals. Nothing happens. Could anybody be so kind to help me out here...? Thanks a bunch!

Jaap

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 5:51 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2013 2:36 AM in response to jakob52

Welcome to the Apple community.

A number of people have reported similar issues recently, many appear to have found a discrepancy of some kind in their account settings and making changes to these settings or simply resetting them has resolved the matter.

Check your account details are correct, check that you are using the correct details for Location, Region and Time Zone. You may want to change these settings and then change them back to see if that helps.

Also check your payment details, make sure your details are exactly how they appear on your credit card statement, you might also try changing some of those details, saving them and changing them back again.

You might also try logging out of and then back into your iTunes account (Settings > iTunes Store > Apple ID’s > Sign Out) and restarting your router. (Some have reported that after doing this, they need to check for rentals even though it may report that there aren’t any, after which rentals once again appear in the ‘movies’ feature)

Rentals should appear under their own heading in the ‘Movies’ feature, you might also check at Settings > iTunes Store > Check For Rentals.

At this point in time, I’m wondering if this could be related to (but not restricted to) the new feature that allows others to come into your home and use your Apple TV to download and play their content on your Apple TV without logging into their account on your Apple TV. The Terms of Use for iTunes Store content have always been to require you to only purchase and play the content from the store in the location where you live and to use a credit card registered in that location. Previously Apple seem to have been somewhat lenient on enforcing such restrictions, perhaps now they are not. However I don’t really have any evidence to support this suggestion, except that changes made to accounts in these areas do appear to be helping many.

If you are successful in resolving your problem, perhaps you would let us know exactly which action resolved the problem for you. If you are having this problem to begin with, can you also tell us your location.

Rented a movie and it won't be downloaded. How to solve?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.