Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding Library folder in Time Machine

I recently had a Seagate drive go bad on my iMac, replaced it under warranty.

When I brought it home, my Time Machine Backup would not be recognized in migration assistant - I have had to restore my files manually by browsing my backups and copying individual files.

My problem is I can't access the Library this way to restore it. As my new hard drive is not recognized as an official backup, I can't go to my library, say and select restore. Using option - go to library for instance will get me to my current library, but I am unable to hit "restore," because it is not an official backup.

I can't make my Libraries appear on my Time Machine Backups to restore them. Anybody with ideas on how to do this?

Also, when restoring my apps, it appears that I have to buy iWork again. If I install it from disk, will it let me update for free?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Ben Smith

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Late 2009 iMac

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 6:24 PM

While in Time Machine, press the key combination shift-command-G and enter the full path to the folder you want to restore from. The path will be like this:

/Volumes/something/Users/something-else/Library

2 replies

Finding Library folder in Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.