Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't listen to music and skype together anymore on ipad

So for over a year now I've been keeping in touch with someone on skype. During this period we frequently listen to their music together, or queue up movies on netflix on both ends and watch together. I use a PC, and they use an iPad 2 (iOS6 and skype is always up to date) and up until just recently everything worked dandy. Only now, whenever they start itunes, netflix or youtube, skype automatically gets put on hold. Taking the call off hold only puts it right back on hold as soon as going back to whatever other app put it on hold in the first place.

I've already asked about this on the skype community, and I have gotten zip for help thus far. Figured I'd ask here too on the chance it was related to the iPad itself and not just skype. If there is an easy solution to this, sorry in advance, I have been searching and managed to find nothing. Any help at this point would be appreciated, having been able to share their music and whatnot for so long now then having it work no longer is kind of a big annoying blow for both of us.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can chime in. 🙂

Also, the skype app has been removed and reinstalled on the ipad as well as been confirmed up to date.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 9:43 PM

There are no replies.

Can't listen to music and skype together anymore on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.