Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BOOT CAMP PROBLEMS

Hi, I am trying to use Boot Camp to partition my hard drive on my new IMac. I have downloaded the Apple Support Software, opened teh zip file and copied it to an external USB drive, MS-DOS FAT format. However, when I run boot camp I get the message that it cannot detect the Apple Support software and the process will not continue. Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

Yours.....

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 3:04 AM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2013 7:37 AM in response to Gordonbuckley

"Software, opened teh zip file and copied it to an external USB drive, MS-DOS FAT format. However, when I run boot camp I get the message that it cannot detect the Apple Support software and the process will not continue."

You install the Windows Support software from within Windows not from within Boot Camp Assistant. Install Windows using Boot Camp Assistant then start Windows and install the Support software. Read and follow the Boot Camp installation instructions.

BOOT CAMP PROBLEMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.