Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages v4.3

Hi,

I have bought Pages v4.3 recently. However when i need to print a document, it tells me i cant "save, print or export documents until the trial is activated" i had already trialled the package so the 30 days has expired. I assumed that having purchased Pages v4.3 would allow me to print various documents?

Im very new to the mac world,please help!

thanks

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 3:07 AM

I think this link will help: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3098 Make sure you back up you Pages documents first.

6 replies

Oct 14, 2013 7:57 AM in response to KLJP77

Getting the request for a serial number means that at some time you had the iWork ’09 trial installed. You need to delete the trial & then reinstall from the boxed DVD or the Mac App Store. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user. The easiest way to fix the problem is to use Yvan Koenig's AppleScript that removes the files. Yvan's box.com account often is out of bandwith. I have put a copy on my Box.com account in the iWork folder. Download uninstall iWork '09.zip, decompress it, open it in AppleScript Editor and click the Run button.

Apple's support article on the subject says it's due to having a copy of the trial that is a higher version that the one you've purchased, but I'm not sure that is very common. This problem started with Snow Leopard & it seems to be some code in the iWork installers that doesn't do what it should.

User uploaded file

Oct 28, 2013 7:52 PM in response to KLJP77

I bought Pages V4 on the App Store 3 weeks ago. Today when I try to download/install it, I get a message telling me that ""Pages can't be installed on Macintosh HD because Mac OS X version 10.9 or later is required."

I don't have 10.9. I have 10.8 on one of my Macs and 10.6 on another. I won't be updating to 10.9 anytime soon, as I have a couple of critical apps that are not supported on Mavericks. Besides, I never upgrade to the initial release of a new OSX version. (once bitten, twice shy).

How/where can I obtain Pages V4?

Oct 29, 2013 5:54 AM in response to Peggy

@Peggy,

I will contact Apple as you suggest. How odd that Apple has to fall back to optical media for purchases made on the App Store. Not sure what I'll do with an install disk though. My MacBook Air does not have an optical drive, and the drive on my MacBook Pro won't read DVDs anymore (but CDs work fine!).

Thanks for the response.

Pages v4.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.