Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A way to fix blurry and out of focused frames in video?

The camera was filming in auto focus, so it went in and out of focus a couple of times. Is there a way to fix this in Final Cut Pro X.

I have tried putting in the "Sharpen" effect, but it does not help - or I can say that it does make it better.

Is there another fix for this?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 2:33 AM

8 replies

Oct 17, 2013 1:26 AM in response to Lillianw83

As digibudll has said, there is really nothing you can do about unsharp/blurry footage. Some processes may improve it but it's never going to look good.

If it is only in a couple of places in the whole video you could either leave it there and try to ignore it or else remove it entirely ........ possibly even the entire clip.

Many amateurs (including me) have an irrational love of every second of video we shoot and are loathe to discard any of it.

This generally results in films that are many times longer than they should be, lack pace and are generally boring to anyone other than close friends and family.

So ask yourself whether that particular clip needs to be in the video at all .......... and if not, trash it.

P.S. If the comments about most of us amateurs don't apply to you, please accept my sincerest apologies. 😉

Oct 17, 2013 2:34 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Ian R. Brown wrote:

Regarding my comments about amateur films often being excessively long, slow moving and boring ....... take a look at this one that was shot around ten years ago ....... unfortunately not by me. 😟

It lasts just a minute but tells a complete story very skilfully.

http://vimeo.com/20645306

Awesome video. Thanks for pointing it out, Ian.

A way to fix blurry and out of focused frames in video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.