Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 was hacked without anybody touching it (ios 6.1.4)

My iPhone was hacked. It is not a jailbreaked iPhone. I have never jailbreaked it. Someone was texting and trying to connect to apple store from my device and was trying to get my apple account. I will post the video to show you. I was shocked to see that something like this can happen with an apple device. It was like I was browsing the internet but no one was touching the device(like a ghost).

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Hacked iPhone ghost apple account

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 4:42 AM

32 replies

Oct 14, 2013 5:51 AM in response to ckuan

I don't know why people say an iphone can't be hacked or taken over without it being jailbroken, there is nothing that has been created that cannot be taken over by a good hacker/programmer. Even government systems can be hacked you seriously think apple has better protection software than the CIA.

Oct 14, 2013 8:51 AM in response to ckuan

Proof my theory? Do you mean PROVE? "Nobody can hacked"? I think you meant hack, and yes someone can do it without physically needing the phone. My "theory" does'nt need to be proven because these things have happened before. You realize government websites have been shutdown before right? You do realize Mac's can get viruses right? Yes they can, why isn't it problem? Apple products aren't widespread enough for people to care about it.

Oct 14, 2013 3:26 PM in response to alexandru muresan

So the Internet proved you are right. Did you see the UFO sighting in YouTube as well?

BTW, you think the govenment or NSA or CIA or your next door neighbor is interested in OP's iPhone?

Give me a break. Sure, theoretically everything is possible and prove of concept is also there. You said the Apple products are not wide spread enough is another BS. There are over 800 millions devices with over 400 millions credit accounts. Thieves are not interested? The real reason is because it is very secured and hard to crack.

Stop the FUD.

Oct 15, 2013 6:58 PM in response to alexandru muresan

Double tap Home button and delete Safari from multitask-list.

Settings > Safari >

Block Pop-ups: ON

Do Not Track: ON

Block Cookies > From 3rd parties

Fraudulent Website Warning: ON

Clear History

Clear Cookies and Data

Reset: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Note: You will not lose any data

Mar 3, 2014 7:11 AM in response to alexandru muresan

It is definitely possible. My iphone 5 was hacked to the point they replaced it in Aug. and now appears to be hacked again. Naysayers please know - anything can be hacked. It was only a matter of time before hackers targeted iOS with the same tenacity they have targeted Windows OS for decades.

What happens on my phone this time is apps are opened I didn't open and Safari searches are initiated I did not initiate.

This was how it began in August, but escalated to phone calls made to people in my contact list, emails sent out to folks I don't even know, texts sent that I didn't initiate.

I even had Youtube begin and a live feed of a golf tournament start up while I was at work with the phone on the charger - not touching it.

They only replaced it at the Apple store when I showed them proof of stuff being sent out in the middle of the night when I wasn't on it and when it opened an App on its own while they were looking at it.

I work in IT and security is crucial to me. I have the phone pretty well locked down and it still happens.

So yes, it is possible. Next - what is Apple doing about it?

Sep 21, 2014 11:07 PM in response to alexandru muresan

My iPhone is opening apps on it's own, deleting photos etc. while I sit here and watch in awe! It definitely appears that someone is doing it. Just like when someone remotes in on your computer, when you need tech support. It's crazy! This is the reason I ended up here. Looking for help. But hey, since it's "not possible" then guess I'll call the apple store. For the record, it is NOT jail broken.

Mar 7, 2015 5:40 AM in response to becster2

Did anything ever get resolved with your hacked issue? Having similar problems, as if someone remotely connected to my iPhone 6. I was listening to music, then suddenly the song gets changed & as I'm closing iTunes library altogether, someone opened other apps on my phone. I stopped touching phone & watched them open my photos, email, bank app - freaked me out & was immediately closing the apps. Then did hard reset, turned on & back off. Looked on forums read someones iPhone & Mac had been hacked so shut that down too. Not feeling very safe or secure. Called Apple - they told me it's best to go to closest store. Not happy with lack of knowledge/concern but honestly just want issue resolved so I can feel safe using my Apple products again. Just wondering if I'm going to get same outcome as you if I drive hr to store, which would be waste of time & energy.

Mar 7, 2015 6:30 AM in response to MommaCatt

The likelihood of your phone having been remotely hacked is so small as to be functionally zero. Unless you have jailbroken your iPhone, there are two likely possibilities. One, if what you're seeing is happening when you've got the phone plugged in, you may have a bad charger. Try a different charge/cable. If it's happening at other times, you may have a bad digitizer. In either case, the Genius Bar will be able to help.

My iPhone 5 was hacked without anybody touching it (ios 6.1.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.