Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Supervise mode and Find My iPad?

Hi -

We are a school with 75 iPads that students take home. With the new security features of iOS 7 that prevent anyone from reregistering an iPad after it's registered to someone's iCloud account, I'm wondering how this affects our ability to "wipe" the iPads each year. Obviously when a senior graduates, they give the iPad back, but if they have enabled Find My iPad, won't this mean that when I try to give out these devices again, it won't let someone else activate it?

The key here might be that we are utilizing Supervise mode on the iPads. We run them through Configurator to Supervise them so we can use Meraki Management to push out a configuration profile with the Global Proxy Filter set to our Lightspeed server. Am I correct in thinking that because we've "Supervised" them, that even if a student registers it via iCloud, that we will still be able to wipe the device next year? And that if we did NOT utilize Supervise mode, we would have a problem with this?

Thanks for any info you have.

Carl Sundermann

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 8:12 AM

This should help: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5927

2 replies

Supervise mode and Find My iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.