Skip navigation

Block "no caller ID" is needed feature

48963 Views 51 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2014 4:31 AM by Lawrence Finch RSS Branched to a new discussion.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next
CelebrityDNA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 14, 2013 7:44 AM

Yeah, I know it's not possible.  It needs to be possible.

I'm getting robo called at all hours.  I blocked the number, now they call without any caller ID.  It's nuts that I can't block that.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2
  • Axeman1020 Level 6 Level 6 (11,310 points)
    Oct 14, 2013 7:46 AM (in response to CelebrityDNA)

This is handled through your carrier not your device.

Contact your carrier to block private calls

• tom_302 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 20, 2013 2:08 PM (in response to CelebrityDNA)

I agree that blocking "No Caller Id" calls is the MOST important feature of any Do Not Distrub funtion.   If the phone can display the message "No Caller Id" then it should be smart enough not to bother me with any ringing.

Truthfully, I've given up on Apple after iOS 7.  Can Android phones block junk calls?

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,450 points)
    Oct 20, 2013 2:31 PM (in response to tom_302)

tom_302 wrote:

Can Android phones block junk calls?

Not any of the ones I've had. I've had about a dozen in the last two years as my work swaps out my phone every three months. Blocking calls with no caller ID information is a carrier feature.

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,450 points)
    Oct 20, 2013 5:00 PM (in response to CelebrityDNA)

The reviews for that app look pretty dreadful.

• Marc Wilson Level 3 Level 3 (970 points)
    Oct 20, 2013 6:05 PM (in response to tom_302)

Uh, this is what Do Not Disturb does.  Been built into iOS since iOS 6.

2013-10-20 18.02.48.png

• whytobother2 Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Oct 20, 2013 6:35 PM (in response to CelebrityDNA)

too difficult to actually implement because of carrier policies.

• tom_302 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 21, 2013 6:12 AM (in response to whytobother2)

whytobother2 wrote:

too difficult to actually implement because of carrier policies.

No way.  The phone can already detect & display "No Caller Id".

More likely, Apple sees value in forcing customers to whitelist their contacts if they don't want to be disturbed.  (e.g. for mining & selling the info to advertisers, government agencies, etc.)

• Expert8778 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 27, 2013 4:01 AM (in response to CelebrityDNA)

Seriously apple this has become ridiculous already... Y'all need to allow us iphone users to be able to control who is calling our phone....!!!! There are apps that work miracles on android devices for blocked callers and callers with no caller ID's... I know... I've had that app before... Apple seems to just want us to constantly be paying for everything... Which is insane... Please get something done already... Because to be getting calls constantly at 3am or 4am by someone calling with no caller ID has become a nuisance... I should not have to pay to block callers... We live in a millennium where technology has become so advanced that I find it extremely hard to believe that apple for some reason isn't able to do this.... Get it together apple... Keep your customers satisfied...

• Expert8778 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 27, 2013 4:44 AM (in response to CelebrityDNA)

They did... I noticed today that that feature was no longer available... I had posted on another discussion because I looked in my blocked list and that is where I noticed it no longer had the private and unknown callers I blocked on there when the ios 7 update first came out and that is where I noticed that they must have disabled this feature when the new ios 7.2 I believe that's what it's called became available for the iPhone to fix the bugs and where people were able to bypass the lock screen and still get into your phone... That's why apple can't say it isn't possible... It sure is possible...!!!!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.