Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add a button to play 1 minute audio?

I would like to add a button to a web page. Clicking the button would play about one minute of audio. I will appreciate very much if someone could help me accomplish this. Thanks greatly in advance. Tom

G4 iMac, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Jul 2, 2006 1:45 PM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2006 2:33 PM in response to James Tseng

As a caution,

1 of the absolute WORST things you can do in web design is to have an audio file autoload and play as soon as a website loads. This is incredibly annoying to most web users.

I am not saying you are planning this, but consider the following situations:

1) A user is listening to an audio broadcast of the local news while surfing the web, or his favorite cd. All of a sudden, what they are trying to listen to is unexpectedly overridden by sounds from a web page, that they didn't ask to hear.

2) A user is planning her wedding, while at work. She logs onto a photography website quickly to view some pictures that a co-worker had said were great, and all of a sudden the people in the next 20 cubicles are distracted by music blaring out.

3) Your aunt finally gets her young, collicky child to sleep. To unwind, she surfs the web for a bit. She decides to pop over and read your blog, and all of a sudden the music breaks the silence, waking up the child.

Audio and video on a webpage is great, but should ALWAYS be at the control of the end user.

Cheers!

Ian

Jul 2, 2006 4:57 PM in response to tclk35

Tom,

You could use javascript to do this after you publish you site. Here's a link to a tutorial - maybe this is what you are looking for.

http://web.mac.com/btkirman/iWeb/Stuff/Welcome.html

As mwong states: As there is advertising on my site, I am required under Apple Discussions Terms of Use to state that I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

http://www.rickiekirman.com

How to add a button to play 1 minute audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.