Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot search old events in calendar

Hello,

in Calendar application I cannot search old reocurring events, it only finds new one for future years.. actually I would like to find first one and update all occurences. Is it a bug or feature?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 11:02 AM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2013 1:55 PM in response to CyKi

Quit Calendar. Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Calendars/Calendar Cache

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select
Services ▹ Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A Finder window should open with a file named "Calendar Cache" selected.

Move the selected file to the Trash. There may be one or two other files in the same folder with names that begin in "Calendar Cache". If so, delete those files too.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Oct 14, 2013 2:22 PM in response to Linc Davis

man, looks like you helped with this problem thousand times..

I deleted the file, during starting of Calendar it was building some DB but did not help. When I put name of the event which was created in 2012 into the search field in upper right corner, it shows me only occurences for year 2014 and 2015 like before the removal of Cache file - this is probably normal because another repeating event also ends in 2015 but what I don't understand that why I cannot see older events in search pane.

Oct 15, 2013 2:18 PM in response to Linc Davis

it looks like a feature, I am able to find event created in the past but what I discovered that when I create event for example in 2009 and set it to repeat every year and forever, it finds only two future upcomming events.

Today is 15 Oct 2013 so when I set event to start on:

- 14.10.2013 I see two upcomming events in year 2014 and 2015

- 16.10.2013 I see two upcomming events in 2013 and 2014 because 16th is future so it is still actual

cannot search old events in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.