Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing all media when playing music and connecting phone to itunes (Auto sync enabled)

This has happened to me twice since the new iOS and iTunes (11.1.1.11) updates so I dont know if they are to blame.

I have my phone (iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2) connected to a stereo at work via audio jack playing music when I connect it to my Windows Vista laptop to charge it.

Auto Sync on Connect has been enabled (just disabled it to try), but it keeps playing music until what I assume is the end of the sync when it goes silent, I unlock the phone after I notice and it says I need to add media.

VERY aggravating, but my backup plan has been to keep all of my music from my phone's library into its own playlist. Makes it easy to re-sync after some head vs wall therapy.

Anyone else experience this issue?

And if so, did disabling the auto-sync work? I dont think it wipes the device on recognition but leave it to technology to prove me wrong.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2, Itunes for windows

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 11:38 AM

1 reply

Losing all media when playing music and connecting phone to itunes (Auto sync enabled)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.