Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina 13" not sleeping after 10.8.5

Hey all-

I recently brought my Macbook Pro 13" With Retina Display in for service because the screen was flickering like an old TV with the horizontal hold messed up, and they replaced the interposer. They also replaced the top case for a keyboard problem.

They did an OS reinstall and put 10.8.5 on it, and now it won't go to sleep when I close the lid.

I brought it back and they kept it for 3 days and gave it back to me, and the problem didn't go away. I spoke to a "genius" and he said that he's seen this problem with 10.8.5, but I felt like he was just trying to get me to leave. I installed Mavericks on it, and it's still having the same issue.

So, is this something related to 10.8.5 or did they break a sensor when they "fixed" it? The screen still goes dark when I close the lid, so I'm leaning toward a software issue... but that it also happens with Mavericks makes me wonder. Should I bring it to a different Apple Store? Is there a Supragenius out there? 😟

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Sleep

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 11:47 AM

10 replies

Oct 14, 2013 11:57 AM in response to beltrix

CALL AppleCare and tell them exactly what you stated in your posting. If all does not go well, ask politely & firmly that you want to be transferred to Customer Relations. Tell them exactly what you stated in your post.

GOOD LUCK!

PS I have asked a HOST to move your post to the MBP forums. Your posting should not be in the iMac forums.

User uploaded file

Oct 14, 2013 12:08 PM in response to nbar

Here's the output:

Active Profiles:

Battery Power 1

AC Power 2*

Currently in use:

standbydelay 4200

standby 1

womp 1

halfdim 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

darkwakes 1

sms 1

networkoversleep 0

disksleep 10

sleep 10

autopoweroffdelay 14400

hibernatemode 3

autopoweroff 1

ttyskeepawake 1

displaysleep 10

acwake 0

lidwake 1

Retina 13" not sleeping after 10.8.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.