Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone high volume issue.

My wife's 4S is having a volume control problem. When she answers a call with the headphones plugged in, the headphone volume automatically goes to maximum and cannot be lowered using the volume buttons. She is using the standard iPhone headphones that come with the phone and recently downloaded iOS 7. I have tried turning it off and on as well as a soft reset and the problem continues. Anyone having a similar problem or know how to fix this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 12:19 PM

1 reply

Oct 30, 2014 7:39 AM in response to Crzyboarder

I have this problem to with my iPhone 5 and iOS 8.0.2. I also have the problem in iOS 8.1 but it is more intermittent. Furthermore, when the call ends, the podcast (that's all I listen to lately) is at the new volume setting, even though the call's volume was unchanged.

Getting the call at maximum volume and not being able to reduce the volume is potentially hazardous, especially if on top of all that, the caller is shouting.

Headphone high volume issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.