Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset my macbook?

I have Macbook that's running on Mac OS X version 10.6.8. I want to reset my laptop to its original settings, I have the original CDs it came with but I'm not sure how to even begin.. I have already backed up everything to an external harddrive.

Also after resetting it I want my laptop to be completely up to date. Which software would I need to buy? Help!!!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 1:35 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2013 4:30 PM in response to alennamarie

You don’t want to update to the newest OS if you are going to sell your MacBook. 10.6 Snow Leopard was the last OS to come on a DVD so it could be installed on any Mac. 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion are only available as downloads. So if the new owner wants to reinstall 10.7 or 10.8 they need your Apple ID and password. It’s better to install 10.6 and let them update to the latest OS using their own Apple ID. Be sure to include the 10.6 disk when you sell it.

How can I reset my macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.