Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete the backups of my imac, that are stored on my macbook air.

I wanted to transfer a folder (of 5 gigas) from my iMac to my macbook air (both running Lion OS) using a thunderbolt cable, so I started my macbook air on target disk mode (by starting it up while holding the key T) and on my iMac I went to the time machine utility, switched it on and selected the disk from the macbook air, I selected the folder, copied it to my macbook air's dekstop, the whole process took me less than 2 minutes. I disconnected the cable, turned the macbook air on and the folder was in the desktop as I wanted, however, it was created automatically a backup of my iMac on my macbook air. So now I am kind of lacking space and I want to delete the backup, but unfortunately, I can't find the backup on my macbook.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 2:23 PM

6 replies

Oct 15, 2013 1:58 AM in response to MFGM

.....and the name of the folder?

press Command-F in the Finder to bring up a Finder search, and then click the plus button to the right of the search window to add a new filter. Then select "other" in the first drop-down menu to assign new filters, followed by adjusting them

Once completed, you can then search for a keyword, such as a file name.

User uploaded file

How can I delete the backups of my imac, that are stored on my macbook air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.