Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save a scan in Image Capture?

How do I save my scan in image capture?

What option to I go to save it as a JPEG or PNG to my computer?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 3:21 PM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2013 6:54 PM in response to J-Money II

There's no Save command because Image Capture automatically saves scans when you click the Scan button.

To find the format options, you have to click Show Details at the bottom. This will reveal the save location and format options, including an Overview button so you can test your crop etc. settings before you do the final scan.

Baby Boomer (USofA) wrote:

Image Capture>Help>Image Capture Help.

This suggestion is not very helpful because this information is very difficult to find in the Help. Image Capture doesn't have a "Save" or "Export" command like most apps do, so anyone trying to find this info in Image Capture Help will be frustrated until they eventually dig down and discover the section "Scan images with a flatbed scanner using detailed options." In fact, if someone searches for the term "save" it doesn't even turn up any results, and "JPEG" or "PNG" only turns up results for the digital camera import part of Image Capture, nothing about scanning.

The Apple help for Image Capture is so incomplete and counter-intuitive that this is one of those times when it's better to answer the question directly then to dump someone into the top level of Help with no guidance.

How to save a scan in Image Capture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.