Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XM SkyDock and iPhone 4s

Just upgrade my iPhone to the iOS7 upgrade and since I keep get "this device is not supported" when I dock my phone. This started after the iOS 7 upgrade.

Any help??

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2, XM SkyDock

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 4:44 PM

4 replies

Oct 16, 2013 5:03 PM in response to Alienfromirth

Ouch...started persuing this myself tonight...

I contacted SiriusXM tech support and spoke to two different agents. They said that there is no official word on any upcoming firmware update for the dock or update on the app.

So where does that leave us? It would seem that either they are struggling to make this thing compatible or they are phasing it out for whatever reason.

Too bad. I loved having this piece of hardware as my iTunes player/ sat radio player/ hands-free caller.

Strange thing is that it is still for sale on the SiriusXM website.

If my only option is to bring my iPhone to the Apple Store and have the os rolled back...sayonara Skydock. And maybe sayonara SiriusXM!

Oct 17, 2013 8:23 AM in response to deggie

Ah, I see.

Then there are only two scenarios.

-Sirius XM has a replacement for Skydock in the works and for whatever reason, it is not profitable to serve this app community anymore.

-Something about the architecture of the device or app is such that technically, it cannot be made compatible with the new iOS.

In either case, it would be in Sirius XM's interest to at least throw its current Skydock customers a bone and apologize for the situation instead of shutting them out in the cold.

How many Sirius XM listeners/ iPhone owners are they alienating by this?

Too many to be ignored IMO...

XM SkyDock and iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.